Click here for the list of sermons and then click on 2008-07-27am-PJ
I love to listen to Phil Johnson preach. You may know him from the Pyromaniacs blog or from his site dedicated to Spurgeon--The Spurgeon Archive.
This sermon was on the following verses:
I have to admit that this sermon was delivered on my birthday and I think Phil must have had me on his heart when he preached it. It is a poweful sermon that is bold enough to state unequivocally that if you claim to be a Christian and you are sexually impure or immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, then you are probably not really saved. For those of us who use foul language and find it okay to be in the company of those who do so and who also throw around filthy jokes, Phil exhorts us to realize that this is a biblical mandate to stop and reconsider what we are doing. Paul says we shouldn't even have these things named among us. Needless to say, Phil hits on television, movies, language in the curch and from the pulpit and many other relevant topics. It takes about an hour, but it is well worth the time. I encourage you to start with that one and then work back through the long list of sermons. Then bookmark the site for future sermons.
I love to listen to Phil Johnson preach. You may know him from the Pyromaniacs blog or from his site dedicated to Spurgeon--The Spurgeon Archive.
This sermon was on the following verses:
| But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. | |
| Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. | |
| For | |
| Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. | |
| Therefore do not associate with them; |
I have to admit that this sermon was delivered on my birthday and I think Phil must have had me on his heart when he preached it. It is a poweful sermon that is bold enough to state unequivocally that if you claim to be a Christian and you are sexually impure or immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, then you are probably not really saved. For those of us who use foul language and find it okay to be in the company of those who do so and who also throw around filthy jokes, Phil exhorts us to realize that this is a biblical mandate to stop and reconsider what we are doing. Paul says we shouldn't even have these things named among us. Needless to say, Phil hits on television, movies, language in the curch and from the pulpit and many other relevant topics. It takes about an hour, but it is well worth the time. I encourage you to start with that one and then work back through the long list of sermons. Then bookmark the site for future sermons.
No comments:
Post a Comment